This easy mint and ginger lemonade is so refreshing and thirst quenching! It is made with all fresh ingredients, like fresh ginger juice and fresh squeezed lemon juice. A hint of mint adds a nice cool after taste. This will be a favorite drink for hot summer days!Jump to Recipe
Highlights of this recipe
This recipe is:
This mint and ginger lemonade recipe is made even better by using fresh ingredients.
- Mint leaves - Fresh mint gives this lemonade a lovely fresh and minty flavor.
- Lemon juice - Use freshly squeezed lemon juice for this recipe. Don’t swap for bottled lemon juice, it really won’t do it justice. You will need about 4-5 fresh lemons for this amount.
- Ginger juice - Fresh ginger juice gives this lemonade recipe a spicy kick. See this post all about How to Make Ginger Juice.
- Sparkling water - Using sparkling water in this drink gives it a fizzy pop. You can swap for club soda if you prefer that or cold water. If swapping, 750 mL is about 3 cups water.
- Simple syrup - Using simple syrup in this recipe is optional if you want it to be a bit sweeter. You can also add agave or honey for a natural sweetener. Two of my favorite simple syrups for drink and cocktails are Rose and Raspberry Simple Syrup and Spiced Orange & Cranberry Simple Syrup.
Nothing beats homemade lemonade as the most refreshing drink! This simple mint ginger lemonade recipe is easy to make, and just needs a few simple ingredients.
You can easily customize this recipe for your own taste. This lemonade is on the more tart side, so add more sweetness if you prefer a less tart lemonade!
If you want to use simple syrup, it is very easy to make. Combine equal parts of sugar and water. Heat the mixture in a small saucepan until the sugar is dissolved. Let cool, and use as a sweetener for drinks and cocktails.
You can also use your ginger juice to make a simple ginger syrup for even more ginger flavor.
First, you will want to make or purchase your ginger juice. You can see full instructions on this how to make ginger juice post. The great thing about this ginger juice recipe is that you can freeze the juice in an ice cube tray for later. Then when you are ready to make this mint and ginger lemonade, you can throw in a few cubes of frozen ginger juice!
Next, place thoroughly washed mint leaves in a pitcher and muddle gently with the bottom of a wooden spoon.
Add in fresh lemon juice, ginger juice, sparkling water, and simple syrup if using. Mix well and you’re ready to serve!
Serve this minty homemade ginger lemonade cold over ice cubes. Garnish with lemon slices and more fresh mint leaves. Mint is a great aromatic herb, so topping your drinks with a mint sprig will provide a lovely scent before you take a taste.
This recipe will make about 4 servings.
Please note, fresh ginger juice can separate to the bottom as it sits. Simply stir to reincorporate before serving.
What to serve with mint and ginger lemonade?
Try pairing this refreshing drink with some of these delicious main course options!
- Seared Ahi Tuna Tacos & Cabbage-Carrot Slaw
- Pork Tenderloin with Balsamic Fig Glaze
- Fried Tilapia Tacos with Kale-Carrot Slaw
- Kale Quinoa Salad with Orange Ginger Dressing
- The Best Sheet Pan Halloumi Fajitas
Leftovers and freezing
This lemonade will keep in the refrigerator for a few days, but is best when used in the first 24 hours.
How to freeze
Freezing this mint ginger lemonade is a great way to easily have it whenever you need a refreshing drink! Make the mint and ginger lemonade per directions, but skip the sparkling water. Pour into ice cube trays and freeze. Once frozen, transfer the cubes to an airtight container.
To serve, add the cubes to a few cups of water or sparkling water and allow to melt. You can adjust the tartness by adding more or less water.
Variations & substitutions
- Top this off with some ginger beer for a delicious and refreshing mocktail.
- Add a shot of your favorite liquor to make this a spiked lemonade cocktail.
- Use a flavored simple syrup for more sweetness.
Frequently Asked Questions
It is not recommended to replace fresh lemon juice with bottled juice. Using freshly squeezed lemon juice really makes a difference!
- Ginger Turmeric Shots
- Simple Pineapple Ginger Immunity Juice
- Pineapple Ginger Beer Mocktail
- Honey Ginger Gin and Prosecco Cocktail
Simple Mint and Ginger Lemonade
- large pitcher
- 10 fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice about 4-5 lemons
- 1 cup ginger juice
- 750 mL sparkling water
- ¼ cup simple syrup optional
- Place thoroughly washed mint leaves in pitcher and muddle gently with the bottom of a wooden spoon.
- Add lemon juice, ginger juice, sparkling water and simple syrup if using. Mix to combine.
- Serve cold over ice. Option to top with ginger, mint, and/or lemon slices.