This easy Spiked Apple Cider is topped with Kombucha and is the perfect mix of those favorite Fall spices and a spiced rum. This spiked apple cider cocktail is a great Fall pitcher drink.
Okay, hear me out: it's officially Fall, but you need a cold cocktail with warm spices. I got you covered. I'm talking about a spiked apple cider with KOMBUCHA! I like to serve it cold straight from the pitcher with an apple slice and cinnamon stick.
Heck, you could even sprinkle some cinnamon, nutmeg or pumpkin pie spice on top, because any fall flavors mixed with apple cider and spiced rum work!
The best thing about this spiked apple cider with kombucha is that it’s a pitcher drink! You can make it in a big punch bowl, so perfect for Football Season. Serve it with some Chili Lime Roasted Pepitas.
This pitcher cocktail is also perfect for Friendsgiving, Thanksgiving, or honestly a night in when you don't want to make cocktails over and over individually. It’s the cold version of a spiked hot apple cider, and who doesn’t love that?
Kombucha adds great flavor in terms of sweetness as well as bubbles. I love it on its own, but adding it to a kombucha cocktail is even better!
Looking for Fall cocktails? Try:
Highlights of this Recipe
This recipe is:
- Crowd Pleaser
What is Kombucha?
Kombucha is a fermented tea drink. It combines bacteria and yeast with sweetened tea (either green or black tea). Kombucha is made when the bacteria and yeast mixture (called a SCOBY) sits in tea for a few weeks, fermenting until the kombucha is done. At the end, you have a bubbly drink that’s both tart and sweet.
Kombucha is a great tasting fermented drink that is also rich in probiotics. Like other fermented foods and drinks (think yogurt, sauerkraut, kimchi), probiotics help improve gut health.
Ingredients & Substitutions
- Spiced Apple Cider - Substitute for regular fresh apple cider. I wouldn’t substitute for apple juice as that is much sweeter.
- Ginger Kombucha - This adds a nice extra spice to the spiced apple cider. Substitute for apple or pear kombucha.
- Spiced Rum - Rum gives this spiked apple cider, well, the spiked part! Substitute for dark rum, white rum, tequila, or your favorite whiskey.
- Fresh Apples - I love garnishing with fresh apples! You can omit if you prefer.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice (optional)
This cocktail is super easy, with only a few ingredients, and tastes really good. Oh and it's cheap? Sign. Me. Up!
The only thing you need to do is drive (or walk or order online) to the grocery store and purchase: apple cider, kombucha, rum and apples.
No need for a cocktail shaker with this drink recipe, as you’ll add all the ingredients straight into the pitcher! You mix it all together and let the flavors mix in the fridge until ready to serve.
I like to finish my spiked apple cider with kombucha by topping my cup with a cinnamon stick and fresh apple slice or orange slice.
How to Serve
This is the perfect pitcher drink to serve in a fancy punch bowl. It looks extra beautiful because of the colors of the fresh fruit you can add - fresh apple slices or fresh orange slices. This gives this spiked apple cider punch a bit of fresh flavor too!
If you don’t have a punch bowl, a pitcher is a great option too! Let the flavors meld together in the fridge and serve the spiked cider from the pitcher.
Garnish It Up
For a fun garnish, I love to add fresh apple slices and cinnamon sticks. It gives a nice festive and fall look.
Other great options would be dehydrated fruit - think dehydrated apples or oranges. Dehydrating fruits before they go bad is a great way from wasting food, and it always makes cocktails look extra beautiful!
Other Fall Recipes
- Fall Gluten Free Charcuterie Board
- Fall White Wine Sangria
- Pumpkin Chai Latte (Dairy Free)
- Creamy Oat Milk Hot Chocolate
- Simple Pineapple Ginger Immunity Juice
Spiked Apple Cider Punch with Kombucha
- 4 Cups Spiced Apple Cider
- 2 Cups Ginger Kombucha one 16oz bottle
- 2 Cups Spiced Rum
- 1 Apple
- Pour spiced apple cider, ginger kombucha, and spiced rum into a large punch bowl or pitcher.
- Slice apple into rounds and add to punch bowl/pitcher. Place in fridge for 30-minutes.
- Pour cocktails into a cup with ice and garnish with apple slice, a cinnamon stick, or a little pumpkin pie spice on top.