Okay, hear me out: it's officially Fall, but you need a cold cocktail with warm spices. I got you covered. I'm talking about a spiked apple cider with KOMBUCHA! It's served cold with an apple slice and cinnamon stick. Heck! You could even sprinkle some cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice inside, because whatever, it's quarantine and it's Fall and anything goes!
This cocktail is super easy, with only a few ingredients, and tastes really good. Oh and it's cheap? Sign. Me. Up! The only thing you need to do is drive (or walk or order online) to the grocery store and purchase: apple cider, kombucha, rum and apples. You mix it all together and let the flavors mix in the fridge until ready to serve. I like to finish my spiked apple cider with kombucha by topping my cup with a cinnamon stick and dehydrated lemon (or apple). Dehydrating fruits before they go bad is a great way from wasting food, and it always makes cocktails look extra beautiful!
I get my dehydrated fruits from the Cocktail Garnish, a small company from Los Angeles trying to create sustainability in the bar world.
You make it in a big punch bowl, so perfect for Friendsgiving, Thanksgiving, or honestly a night in where you don't want to make cocktails over and over individually.
Spiked Apple Cider Punch with Kombucha
- 4 Cups Spiced Apple Cider
- 2 Cups Ginger Kombucha one 16oz bottle
- 2 Cups Spiced Rum
- 1 Apple
- Pumpkin Pie Spice optional
- Pour spiced apple cider, ginger kombucha, and spiced rum into a large punch bowl or pitcher.
- Slice apple into rounds and add to punch bowl/pitcher. Place in fridge for 30-minutes.
- Pour cocktails into a cup with ice and garnish with dehydrated lemon, apple slice, a cinnamon stick, or a little pumpkin pie spice on top.