I absolutely love cheeseboards! So much so, that I literally bought a book on different kinds of cheeseboards: That Cheese Plate Will Change Your Life. It’s been such a long time since I’ve made a cheeseboard, but I’ve been inspired to make a fall cheeseboard that encapsulates all of the flavors of the fall with the beautiful bright reds of the season. This Gluten-Free Fall Cheeseboard hits the spot for fall-inspired appetizers.
Cheeseboards are the perfect thing to make for entertaining. This Gluten-Free Fall Cheeseboard also makes it easier to entertain for those with any type of gluten-intolerance. The best part about cheeseboards is that they can be versatile for seasons. If you’re worried about people grazing over the food with their hands (due to Covid-19 precautions) I would omit the smaller fruits like pomegranate seeds and provide toothpicks for easy picking. You could also pre-make little charcuterie bites: cubes of cheese with a slice of meat & a fruit on a toothpick.
For this board, I wanted to use Fall fruits like pomegranates and Fall colors like blackberries to add brightness and also a nice punch of fruity flavor. This might seem crazy but I hadn’t tried pomegranates until only about one month ago! I love the tart and sweet crunch that they provide on the plate.
Some tips for a better Fall Cheeseboard:
- Take out the cheese up to 1-hour before serving – you want the cheese to come to room temperature.
- Meats can and should come out around 15-minutes before serving.
- Remove parts of the fat from prosciutto and jamón serrano for better nibbling.
- Make sure to have different textures – nuts, fresh fruit and dried fruit add nice bites to the fairly repetitive meat and cheese.
- Think about colors.
- Cut the cheeses different ways – cubes, slices, blocks – all add different variations for the eye.
INGREDIENTS for Gluten-Free Fall Cheeseboard (3-4 People)
Trader Joe’s Spanish Charcuterie Sample
- Jamon Serrano
Trader Joe’s Spanish Cheese Tapas Sampler
- Cabra al Vino
Trader Joe’s 3 Seed Beet Crackers (Gluten-Free)
Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Seeds
Want to to change this Fall Cheeseboard up?
- Try adding apples
- Switch up the meats & cheeses to whatever your preference
- If not gluten-free, add different kinds of breads or crackers!