This Halloween Green Cocktail combines my two favorite things: margaritas and green juice! They’re earthy, tangy and superfood-y! The spookiest and most delicious Halloween cocktail recipe to make!
I’ve never really been too into Halloween, because I am scared to death of spooky things. It takes me weeks to not get spooked after watching the simplest of horror films. But … if there’s one thing I can always get into, it’s a tequila cocktail!
Making delicious drinks out of a strange combo is fun! Hence why I made a margarita out of green juice... so, here we are with this Halloween Green Juice Margarita!
Highlights of this Recipe
This Halloween drink recipe is fun for two reasons: 1) making something delicious out of something I always found not appealing and 2) the color is super spooky!
- Green Juice - Either purchase a small bottle, or make your own! I have four recipes for green juices included in a guide to juices for energy!
- Tequila - Use your favorite tequila. Substitute for vodka.
- Orange Liqueur - I prefer to use Cointreau because it’s less sugary than triple sec. Use cointreau, triple sec or Grand marnier.
- Ginger Beer - Substitute for lemon lime soda water or club soda.
When I made this drink I'm not going to lie, I was afraid to sip it. I first made the drink without the ginger beer and it fell a little flat in flavor and the greens were SPOOKY strong!
By adding a little sparkling soda it brings dimension to the drink and spiced it up a little bit! If you're trying to omit sugary drinks, use club soda and a splash of lemon juice or a lemon flavored sparkling water/soda and it'll do the trick!
Green Juice Options
Okay in full honesty, I used to absolutely hate green juice. That’s before I would make my own! I would take a look at green juice and think ~EW~! It's so green and when I look at it, there's just no way it DOESN'T taste like kale and spinach blended.
Growing up my mom and I would have strawberry protein smoothies every morning, except she would pour my half out of the blender and then add spinach into hers.. I could never get into it.
However, when I started to make my own juicer recipes, that’s when I realized that there’s so much potential in green juices. They don’t have to taste how they look!
I have four go-to green juice recipes, and you can find all the tips and tricks in my energy juicer recipes post!
If you don’t have a juicer, you can always make green juice in the blender.
If you don’t want to make your own green juice, you can definitely purchase pre-bottled or fresh green juice!
Buy your favorite green juice. And remember, it’s being mixed with tequila and ginger beer, so it won’t taste too strong!
Want to make a variation of this Cocktail?
- Add a splash of lemon juice
- Use Mezcal for a smokier taste
- Omit tequila and cointreau, swapping for vodka instead
The cocktail rule is to use a cocktail shaker for any cocktail recipe that mixes liquor with fresh fruit juice, dairy, eggs, creamy liqueur, sour mix or simple syrup.
Budget Friendly: basic Cocktail Shaker
What if I don’t have a cocktail shaker? Use a mason jar! They’re the perfect substitute. I highly suggest shaking a margarita - it really changes the flavor of the margarita recipe.
I love to serve this cocktail in an old-fashioned glass that has nice etchings. It makes the Halloween cocktail look even spookier. You could also pour it into a martini glass or mason jar!
Want to make this green Halloween cocktail even spookier? Here are some ideas to elevate this spooky cocktail:
- Add a rosemary sprig or cinnamon stick and catch one end on fire.
- Use a cinnamon witches’ broom as garnish.
- Cut a circle out of a maraschino cherry and place a candy eye in its place.
- Add plastic spiders into an ice cube tray before freezing.
- Make a colored sugar rim. Try making the sugar black or green by adding a few drops of food coloring onto white sugar.
Fall Cocktails You May Also Like
Halloween Green Juice Margarita
- 2 OZ Green Juice
- 1.5 OZ Tequila
- 1.5 OZ Orange Liqueur (Gran Marnier, Triple Sec or Cointreau)
- 0.5 OZ Agave Nectar
- 2 OZ Ginger Beer
- Add ice into a cocktail shaker and in order pour: green juice, agave nectar, orange liqueur, and tequila.2 OZ Green Juice, 1.5 OZ Orange Liqueur, 0.5 OZ Agave Nectar, 1.5 OZ Tequila
- Shake for 15-seconds, until cold to touch.
- Strain into a tall glass over ice and top with ginger beer.2 OZ Ginger Beer