Light, refreshing, and fruity! That’s how the best drinks are and this Strawberry-Basil Vodka Cocktail is all that!
Now that it’s Summer, I am trying to take advantage of all the light produce & Summery-flavors as possible! This weekend I wanted to try something different for weekend cocktails. I thought about what I had.. a lot of vodka and a lot of basil. So I decided to make this Strawberry-Basil Vodka Cocktail.
This Strawberry-Basil Vodka Cocktail easily became one of my newest favorites! I mean strawberry-basil is always a great mix, but I thought that by using my Cucumber & Mint Ketel One Vodka, it would be even better. It was dangerously good with this cucumber-mint!! You would particularly enjoy this drink if you go for the sweeter, lighter cocktails. While reading more about this Ketel One Vodka, I learned that it’s actually a diet vodka! Read more about it here.
If you’re not a vodka person, you can definitely substitute for any kind of alcohol, although my instincts say Gin or Rum would be the best next choice!
Ingredients for a Strawberry-Basil Vodka Cocktail
- KetelOne CUCUMBER & MINT VODKA. This is probably my favorite vodka as it’s so light and delicious! Substitute for regular vodka, gin or rum.
- SIMPLE SYRUP. Simple syrup helps add a sweetness to this fruity cocktail. Substitute for honey, maple syrup or agave.
- STRAWBERRIES. Strawberries are the perfect match to basil and lemon. Muddling the strawberries release the light juices.
- BASIL. Basil in drinks is delicious! It’s light and muddling the leaves release the essential oils into the cocktail.
- LEMON WEDGES. Muddle lemon wedges to release the lemon juices to balance the sweetness of the fruit and simple syrup. Substitute for lime to switch it up.
- 1 Strawberry
- 1-2 Basil Leaves
How to Make a Strawberry-Basil Vodka Cocktail
- Lightly muddle the strawberries, basil and lemon wedges in a cocktail shaker.
- Pour the Vodka, simple syrup and ice into the shaker.
- Shake, Shake, Shake! Until the cocktail shaker becomes ice-cold.
- Strain over a cup with fresh ice cubes.
- Decorate glass with a strawberry and basil.