This easy gluten-free breakfast sandwich recipe is perfect for busy mornings and meal prep! With fluffy scrambled cilantro eggs, turkey sausage, and avocado on a gluten free english muffin, you’ll be satisfied and ready to start your day!
I love to start the morning with a filling and healthy breakfast, especially when it’s an easy breakfast recipe!Jump to Recipe
Why this recipe works
- Easy to meal prep for a quick breakfast
- A healthy start to the day!
- Gluten free
You will need one whole egg per serving for this recipe. Swap out for egg whites or an egg substitute.
An ingredient not commonly found in breakfast sandwiches, but I love the twist this adds! You can swap for your favorite herb if you're not a cilantro fan. Chives would be a great substitution.
Turkey breakfast sausage patty
Use your favorite brand here. Double check the label to ensure it’s gluten free.
Gluten free english muffin
It’s a good thing gluten-free foods are becoming more popular now! There are lots of different gluten free brands now that are widely available at the grocery store.
I love adding sliced avocado to this sandwich for a touch of creamy richness in place of a slice of cheese, but feel free to add your favorite toppings as you wish! Add leafy greens like arugula or spinach, or a slice of tomato.
See the recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
How to make a gluten free breakfast sandwich
This easy breakfast sandwich is easy to whip up.
First heat the turkey breakfast sausage patty according to package instructions and set aside.
Whisk the egg in a bowl and season with salt and black pepper.
Gently scramble the eggs, and stir in chopped cilantro.
Toast gluten free english muffin.
To assemble, add warmed turkey breakfast sausage patty to the bottom english muffin half, and top with scrambled eggs. Add toppings of your choice and then top with English muffin top. Enjoy warm!
I love adding Spicy Serrano Salsa Verde to this breakfast sandwich. It adds a great spicy kick!
- Make it vegan - Use an egg substitute like Just Egg, and a vegan breakfast sausage.
- Swap out the turkey sausage for turkey bacon or Canadian bacon.
- Use egg whites in place of whole eggs to keep it even healthier.
Meal prep/how to store: To make these gluten free breakfast sandwiches for meal prep, prepare pre recipe then wrap up in parchment paper. Store in the refrigerator for 3-4 days until ready to use. Pop them in the toaster oven for a few minutes to reheat.
Frequently Asked Questions
What makes this breakfast sandwich gluten free?
Using a gluten free english muffin is the only thing you need to make this recipe gluten free! The other ingredients, like egg and avocado are naturally gluten free. Although you should double check your package of turkey sausage just to make sure it also does not contain gluten.
More gluten free breakfast recipes
- Gluten Free Lemon Blueberry Bread with Lemon Glaze
- Mexican Breakfast Potatoes
- Savory Mexican Breakfast Quinoa Bowl
- Pumpkin Protein Pancakes (Gluten Free, Dairy Free)
More delicious breakfast foods
- Chilaquiles Verdes con Huevos
- Protein Baked Oats With Berries
- Smashed Avocado and Halloumi Bagel
- Protein Overnight Oats (6 Ways!)
If you try this recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below so I know what you think! Follow Elise Tries to Cook on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest, and Subscribe via email to receive the latest recipes!
Gluten Free Breakfast Sandwich
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 turkey breakfast sausage patty
- 1 gluten free english muffin
- ½ avocado thinly sliced
- Heat turkey breakfast sausage patties according to package instructions. Leave to the side.
- Whisk together the egg in a bowl and season with salt and black pepper. Leave to the side.
- Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Pour the whisked eggs into the pan. Use a spatula to move the eggs back and forth while they cook, until they’re soft yet cooked through, about 2-3 minutes. Remove eggs from heat and gently stir in rough chopped cilantro.
- Toast gluten free english muffins in the toaster or oven to desired toastedness.
Assemble the breakfast sandwiches
- Place toasted English muffin bottoms on the plate. Add warmed turkey breakfast sausage patty and top with scrambled eggs. Add toppings of your choice and then top with English muffin top.
Ever since she taught herself how to cook, Elise has been making simple recipes with fresh ingredients. She believes the best recipes highlight the ingredients by using the best of cooking techniques. She’s an avid juicer and has juiced each and every fruit and vegetable there is. She also creates savory recipes inspired by what’s available in California. Many of her authentic Mexican recipes are passed down from her from mother in law and is a huge influence on her cooking.