So what even is a Dairy-Free London Fog Tea Latte? Well as crazy as it is to imagine, you can actually make lattes from non-coffee! A London Tea Fog Latte is the same thing as an earl grey latte. It's slightly sweet, all the way creamy, and absolutely delicious! (It was gone in a big gulp!)
I'm not one to normally think of lattes as being anything but coffee. To be honest, I used to be a 100% tea-drinker only! Little by little I've converted to a sole coffee drinker during the day, and tea at night. However, one day at Starbucks I decided to try one of their tea lattes - a London Fog Tea Latte to be exact. It was delicious! So I decided while making my way through Starbucks drinks and first was to attempt a Dairy-Free London Fog Tea Latte!
A London Fog Tea Latte is actually really easy to make. You simmer oat milk and sugar in a small pot, while you steep earl grey tea bags in boiling water. Froth the milk and sugar mixture and then pour on top of the steeped earl grey tea! It takes only a few minutes - definitely shorter than the ride to the Starbucks, waiting in the line, and getting back. And even better, you probably have all of the ingredients already at home!
Want to change this London Fog Tea Latte up?
- Infuse with lavender.
Dairy-Free London Fog Tea Latte (Earl Grey Latte)
- ½ Cup Water
- ½ Cup Oat Milk
- 1 Bag Earl Grey Tea
- 1 TBSP Granulated Sugar
- Bring ½ Cup of water to a boil in a tea kettle or pot.
- In a small pot, warm the oat milk and bring to a boil. Once at a boil, add the sugar and stir together. Bring to a simmer and simmer for ~3 minutes.
- While the milk and sugar mixture is simmering, pour the boiled water into your cup and add the earl grey tea bag. Allow to steep for 3-5 minutes. Make sure to not over-steep as it will get bitter.
- Froth the oat milk and sugar mixture.
- Remove the earl grey tea bags from your cup and pour the frothed dairy-free milk and sugar mixture into the cup. Spoon the foam on top of the mixture.