Fresh, simple Avocado Lime Sauce with only two ingredients! This creamy sauce is perfect for drizzling on any protein like shrimp, chicken or steak, or to spruce up your favorite taco recipe! Naturally gluten-free and vegan!
Creamy avocado and fresh zesty lime juice. The result: an avocado cream sauce flexible enough to use for dipping, drizzling, or eating straight off the spoon! Best as an avocado dip, avocado lime dressing for simple salads, or on your favorite protein.
I love having a bright green avocado lime crema to add fresh flavor to any side dish or main course. Better yet is having sauces that take only a few minutes with limited ingredients! Serve this crema with Chili Lime Air Fryer Tortilla Chips!
Eating clean for the past five years, my favorite sauces were those that use simple, fresh ingredients. I’m a huge proponent of making easy recipes that don’t skimp out on taste. Sauces like this one help make any side dish or main taste all the better! I prefer only a few ingredients that pack a huge flavor. For other simple, delicious dressings try Lemon Chive Salad Dressing or Grapefruit Salad Dressing.
Highlights of this Recipe
This recipe is:
- 2 Ingredients
Ingredients & Substitutions
- Avocado. No substitute.
- Fresh Lime Juice. Substitute for lemons.
TIP! Use a ripe avocado for this creamy avocado sauce. You’ll know it’s ripe because it will feel squishy when pressing on it.
This avocado lime sauce is vegan, dairy free, gluten free, paleo and Whole30 compliant.
STEP ONE: Add both ingredients to the blender.
STEP TWO: Blend until smooth.
STEP THREE: Pour into a serving bowl.
Storing & Leftovers
This avocado lime crema sauce does have to be refrigerated. This keeps it greener for longer and maintains the whipped texture.
Store in an airtight container with a lid. Keep for up to three days, but the avocados may turn brown by day two.
While I think this creamy avocado lime sauce is best as is, there’s many ways to spruce it up!
- Add fresh cilantro for more herbaceous taste.
- Sprinkle in a touch of cumin.
- Use one fresh jalapeño to add heat.
- Use some greek yogurt to make a thicker sauce.
Tips, Tricks & Frequently Asked Questions
Freezing avocados help keep them ripe and keep green. It’s a great way to store leftover avocado. Frozen avocados will work great, but you may need to add more lime juice to help with the blending.
You can make this day up to one day before you need it, otherwise the sauce may turn a browner color.
Yes! Use a blender OR a food processor to smooth the avocado and lime juice.
What to Put this Avocado Lime Sauce on
- Tacos - Seared Tuna Tacos
- Quesadillas - Air Fryer Quesadilla or Carne Asada Quesadilla
- Sandwich - Panera Steak and Arugula Sandwich
- Side Dishes - Tater Tots or on Roasted Sweet Potato Fries
- Salads - Fresh Mexican Avocado Salad or Grapefruit Arugula Salad
- Dipping Sauce - Tortilla Chips
Creamy Vegan Avocado Lime Sauce
- 2 Avocados
- ¼ Cup Lime Juice about 2 limes
- Cut the avocados in half vertically. Remove the pits. Scoop out the avocado flesh from the skin.
- Place the avocado flesh and lime juice into the blender.
- Blend until smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Scoop out from the blender and into a bowl.
- Serve immediately.