There's nothing in the world like knowing all of the ingredients in the sodas that you drink: no crazy ingredients you can't pronounce. I'm not usually a soda drinker, but I've been craving something different from the usual, so I created this Homemade Spiced Cranberry Soda. The flavors are all natural and much healthier than your traditional soda. And much better tasting!
I'm not usually one to drink sodas, especially because they are so unhealthy. I find that many sodas and non-alcoholic beverages can be extremely sugary and loaded with ingredients I literally cannot pronounce! On occasion I do want to have something bubbly and sweet, and this homemade cranberry soda was the perfect fix! Think of this homemade soda as tasting like a light sparkling cranberry beverage. Because it is majority club soda or tonic water, the flavor is faint.
This Homemade All-Natural Spiced Cranberry Soda has two ingredients: a homemade Spiced Orange & Cranberry Simple Syrup that uses fresh cranberries, orange, and winter spices as well as a club soda or tonic water. Deciding which sparkling beverage to combine the simple syrup with depends on taste. Tonic water can be a bit more dry (aka bitter) so it requires more of the simple syrup to bring up the sweetness. I would also advise that if you're looking at this soda as a diet or low-calorie soda, I would use club soda for lower calories.
This Homemade Spiced Cranberry Soda uses a Spiced Orange & Cranberry Simple Syrup. The homemade simple syrup is a must! Depending on taste, I recommend 2-4 TBSP of it in your soda. Because tonic water can be quite bitter, I recommend testing how much you like for your taste buds. If you use club soda, then you might not need as much to balance out the sweetness.
You May Also Like
- SPICED ORANGE & CRANBERRY WINTER APEROL SPRITZ
- SPICY CINNAMON PINEAPPLE & GINGER MOCKTAIL
- SIMPLE PINEAPPLE GINGER IMMUNITY JUICE
Want to change this Homemade Spiced Cranberry Soda up?
- Add herbs like rosemary, basil, or thyme.
- Squeeze ½ of a lemon, lime or orange and mix.
- Make it a cocktail: add any clear liquor to this homemade soda.
Homemade, All-Natural Cranberry Soda
- 2-4 TBSP Spiced Orange & Cranberry Simple Syrup
- 8 OZ Club Soda
- Add ice to your glasses of choice. Pour 2-4 TBSP of the Spiced Orange & Cranberry Simple Syrup on top of the ice in each glass.
- Top each glass with club soda.