Warm, spicy, refreshing hot apple cider with only four ingredients! It's the easiest Fall pitcher drink great for the entire family.
It's now October and do you know what that means? Mulled Apple Cider!!
I love Fall, but I've never experimented with seasonal flavors. My favorite Fall memories include drinking hot apple cider with my sister. I decided to test it out for myself on National Mulled Cider Day! I used all spices I already owned: cloves and cinnamon sticks. If you don't already own these two spices, they're two basics that are great for a variety of dishes. For example, you can use cloves to make homemade vegetable stock.
If you're feeling like you need a Fall-focused meal, pair a mug of hot apple cider with my pumpkin protein pancakes!
Mulled Apple Cider
- 1 Liter Container of Apple Cider
- 3 Cloves
- 2 Cinnamon Sticks
- 1- inch Piece Peeled Fresh Ginger
- Peel the fresh ginger by picking off the skin with a spoon.
- Pour the entire container of apple cider into a medium-sized pot. Add the cloves, cinnamon and peeled ginger.
- Heat the apple cider on low for an hour to an hour and a half.
- Pour into mugs - either pour through a strainer or be careful to avoid the full spices passing into the mug.