It’s Football Season here in the United States… you know what that means? Football Apps every Sunday! This Sunday I made gluten-free Italian sliders, because since going gluten-free I’ve really been missing the layers of deli meat with some roasted red peppers and garlic herb topping. This really hit the spot!
For these sliders, I used gluten-free dinner rolls, but you could use hamburger buns, dinner rolls, anything that you can just slice in half and layer upon layer! They’re super quick to make and easy for big groups of people, although I’ll admit I ate them all myself (whoops)!
Check out my Instagram IGTV to watch me make these sliders!
Ingredients for 6 Gluten-Free Italian Sliders
4 Slices Lite Cheddar
6 Slices Capocollo
6 Slices Calabrese Salame
5 Slices Proscuitto
3 Halves of Roasted Red Pepper (If not purchasing, just roast 2 red peppers)
1-2 TBSP. Italian Dressing (optional)
3 TBSP. Unsalted Butter (melted)
Garlic Salt, Dried Parsley, Red Pepper Flakes
Spray Canola Oil
Instructions for Gluten-Free Italian Sliders
- Pre-heat Oven to 350ºF.
- Cut dinner rolls in half, separating the top and bottom. Spray the bottom of a 9×9 baking dish with canola oil. Place the bottom half of the dinner rolls into the baking dish.
- Pour Italian Dressing onto the bottom half of the dinner rolls. Use more or less depending on taste! (You can even omit if you’re not a fan!)
- Next layer cheese, meats and roasted red peppers in this order, making sure to spread evenly across the rolls: cheese, calabrese salame, capocollo, proscuitto, roasted red peppers.
- Place the top half of the dinner rolls onto the layers.
- Mix together butter, ¼ TSP. garlic salt, 1 TSP. dried parsley, and ¼ TSP. red pepper flakes. Pour evenly over the top half of the dinner rolls.
- Carefully place aluminum foil on top of the rolls to cover completely. Place in oven for 10-minutes with foil on top.
- After 10-minutes, remove aluminum foil and place the baking dish back in oven for another 10-minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool a few minutes before slicing.
- Enjoy this buttery, delicious bite!