I can’t remember the last time I’ve had a milkshake, but this Boozy Mexican Vanilla Milkshake takes me way past any I’ve ever had before! As someone who doesn’t love sweets and never craves ice cream, it was weird that I was even craving a milkshake to begin with. Also being mostly dairy-free, I wasn’t sure it would taste like those childhood shakes I used to have as a treat every once in a while. Now that being dairy-free isn’t as rare anymore, I was able to try dairy-free whipped cream for the first time. I LOVED IT!
This Boozy Mexican Vanilla Milkshake takes a regular milkshake to the next level! Not just adding rum, but cayenne and pumpkin pie spice for a Fall-inspired cocktail dessert.
Want to put a twist on this boozy milkshake? Try:
- Chocolate Ice Cream
- Salted Caramel Drizzle
- Topped with Graham Crackers
- Salted Caramel Ice Cream
- Kahlua instead of Rum and swap the cayenne with some cinnamon
Looking for more inspiration of boozy milkshakes? Try this article on 15 Ways to Spike Your Shakes!
INGREDIENTS (for 1 Boozy Mexican Vanilla Milkshake)
1.5 Cups Dairy-Free Vanilla Ice Cream (I used Trader Joe’s Non-Dairy Vanilla)
½ Cup Oat Milk (I used Trader Joe’s brand as well, but Oatly has a great one too!)
⅓ Cup White Rum ( I used Havana Club)
Pumpkin Pie Spice
Coconut Cream Whipped Cream (optional)
- Put ice cream, oat milk and rum into a blender. Add a dash of cayenne.
- Blend it up until creamy (about 1-minute for me). If it looks really chunky, add more oat milk.
- Pour into a tall glass and top generously with whipped cream. Sprinkle pumpkin pie spice.